Pro allows you to schedule, configure, install and run your application
program executable or script as a Windows Service.
will run any 32-bit or 64-bit applications (EXE or DLL), shortcuts and
scripting / interpreted languages including Java, .NET, Perl, Batch
(BAT/CMD), Poweshell, Python, Ruby, TCL/TK, PHP as a Windows service for
100% uptime and availability.
Why Install Your Application Program as a Windows Service?
your application program executable under FireDaemon is easy and
requires no modification to your existing program. Key benefits include:
- Ability to start and run your application in the background without user intervention.
- Ability to start your application before you login.
- Ability to run your application continually across multiple user sessions.
- Run your application either interactively or non-interactively.
- Restarts your application in the event of failure, unintentional or malicious shutdown or at scheduled predetermined intervals.
- Ability to modify your application's priority and bind to specific processors or cores.
- Execute additional transient programs during the service lifecycle.
- Control, log and close popups that your application might display.
in meeting various government regulations, Acts and standards
pertaining to computing systems robustness, security, management, access
and control (eg. Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), ITIL).
- Run any application as a Windows service.
- Edit the properties of any built in Windows service.
- Simple service configuration via intuitive GUI, CLI or XML all in one product.
- Simple to integrate into Active Directory and Windows Server Clusters.
- Comprehensive logging and debugging.
- Broad service monitoring and failure recovery options.
- Negligible memory and CPU consumption.
- Subprocess prioritisation and job grouping.
- CPU binding on multi-CPU / multi-core systems.
- Interactive service support and facilitates access access to isolated Session 0 services.
- Scheduling and auto pop-up closing.
- Setup custom environment variables.
- Integrates with standard Service Control Manager Recovery options.
- Ability to theme FireDaemon with your own icons, graphics and text.
- Powerful alternative to freeware tools such as srvany.
- Alternative to the Windows Services applet (services.msc) and integrates with other standard Windows management tools.
- Support for all recent Microsoft 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems (XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7).
- Runs on all virtualized Windows operating systems (eg. VMware, Hyper-V, Virtual PC, Parallels, Xen)
- Community oriented fanatical technical support.
- Extensive documentation including FAQs and HOWTOs.